Saturday, May 06, 2006

On the Shoulders of Bloggers: Recipes I've Loved From the Foodie-Net



Chocolate Chip Scones
Joy of Baking by Stephanie Jaworksi

My apartment is perfect. It's a small one-room bounded by a railroad track, a factory, a homeless shelter, and a parking lot; it's kitchen has 2 square inches of counter space; and the ceiling leaks when it rains . . . [Read More]
Austrian Cinnamon Sables
from Lovescool

I live with the curse of the refrigerator cookie (impossibility of making a good one) . . . [Read More]
Thin Mints
from 101 Cookbooks by Heidi Swanson

The guy who work weekends at the front desk of my apartment building has long hair and plays an electric guitar shaped like a burst of flame . . . [Read More]
Buttermilk Cupcakes with Brown Butter Frosting
From the Pantry by Tanvi

Mother of mercy. Honestly, it was so rich it financed its own private army of sugar and fat to invade and occupy my pancreas . . . [Read More]
Phoebe's Fabulous Oatmeal Cookies . . . Sort of
From A Spoonful of Sugar

I've been baking since I was four, but somehow I still forget the basics. For example: Always make sure you have the ingredients before you begin . . . [Read More]
Chocolate To Die For Cookies
From Fresh Approach Cooking by Rachael

Some chocolate cookies are so chocolatey you just have to smile. Other are so chocolatey you raise your eyebrows in delight. And then there are those so densely chocolat-a-ricious that they actually make you sneeze.

Obviously I'm writing about the latter . . . [Read More]
Flourless Cashew-Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
From Bakingsheet by Nic

My mother is allergic to just about everything, except vegetables, fruits, and meat. None of these are good for baking . . . So when I saw on Nic’s Bakingsheet the recipe for flourless peanut butter cookies, my baking-neurons perked up. . . . [Read More]

No comments: